Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2015 the company employed a total workforce of 17 213. In the financial year 2015, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 5.807 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant's corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.
Clariant is seeking a Maintenance Person for its Louisville, KY location. The Maintenance Person (E&I) has a broad range of skill requirements, duties, and responsibilities. The Maintenance Person many times is required to work independently or with the assistance of a system production operator. Many times the Maintenance Person will be assigned to work with one or more other mechanically skilled persons i.e. other Maintenance Person, Electrician/Instrumentation Person, Engineer, etc. in the performance of their duties.
- Performs electrical and instrumentation maintenance duties including engineering design support, preventative maintenance and full replacement of associated components.
- Responds to emergency situations in a safe, thoughtful, and responsible fashion
- Acts as point person for their respective team with regard to quality assurance programs, performance, safety, environmental, SAP, etc.
- Provides leadership, oversight, and guidance to members of the electrical/instrumentation maintenance team or outside contractors, utilizing strong technical knowledge and effective leadership principle
- Insists on safe, healthful, and environmentally responsible work behaviors, processes and methods
- Functions as the liaison from Maintenance to Lead Operators, Shift Coordinators, Team Coordinators, etc.
- Assists in maximizing the performance, safety, environmental responsibility, and efficiency of all team members and plant systems
- Actively promotes continuous improvement activities
- Willingly provides current, effective, and meaningful training to team members and/or system operators
- Facilitates team meetings
- Expert utilization of work order systems and processes (e.g. SAP Maintenance Planner)
- Communicates & orders parts through Maintenance Planner and/or Maintenance Manager
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Provide technical support for 24/7 operations team and able to come in if needed.
- Ability to travel for training.
- High School Diploma or GED and Post-secondary trade school or technical college education â current Master Electrician license is a plus.
- Five or more years of industrial instrumentation and/or electrical maintenance experience.
- Basic Ladder Logic Programming Structure; familiarity with Sequential Function Charts (SFC), and structured text is a plus.
- Skill in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), Outlook and SAP work order system, or comparable computer software
- Solid working knowledge of industrial instrumentation/electrical maintenance practices and procedures and pneumatic equipment (a written and/or practical knowledge skills assessment may be utilized to assess knowledge proficiency)
- Ability to safely and accurately troubleshoot and correct equipment malfunctions; perform system startups from manuals, schematics, or other reference materials. Contact manufactures tech support for help